Lend Me Some Ears Plz!!!!!!!!!

lethalastro

Hello guys. I know you all are sick and tired of ppl asking for opinions on their mixes, but I really need some now. I have been producing and rapping,studio-wise, since I was 16, and now I'm 22. It has been hard learning all the aspects of mixing and what not, but I think I've got it covered now (or at least close). I really need you guys to tell me if this mix is of commercial standard, if it is good, and etc. I really love all genres of music (my father is a professional bass player, and has been for 25 years so it is in my blood) and really want to put out good quality sounding music. I know you all have a wealth of knowledge on music, and that is why I value the opinions. This is only an instrumental so no need to worry about lyrics. Thank you and i would really appreciate it. Later.

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=13L2JMLDV4YYU0HG5FJD0ZQVN6

well i suggest you create a website ot goto a place like http://www.soundclick.com and creat a band page and upload your music there..I for one dont download file i dont know..

and you should give feedback to other on the board to get feedback for your music...do your thing..stay up..keep active ..and welcome to the fam

Well, without vocals on it, it's hard to say it's of commercial standard. The mix is good, and the overall sound is good. However, it's not a very wide mix... and it feels somewhat empty without vocals.

So, hard to say...lol..

Change of POETS said:
Well, without vocals on it, it's hard to say it's of commercial standard. The mix is good, and the overall sound is good. However, it's not a very wide mix... and it feels somewhat empty without vocals.

So, hard to say...lol..

i get what ur saying change. thanx for the input. should i widen the instrumental out? like pan some things out a lil more. let me know all the recommedations and criticism u guys have.

Doing My Thing Instrumental Sample
To be more commercial, you might need ta fatten the sounds. Also invest in some pro samples. You have good idea of melody and composing. Just need to up the quality more. It's very hard to get the industries attention.

Be About It
This with the vocals sounds the most commercial. It's almost there, just needs something. Vocal quality is good...

doin my thang is cool just like beatsbuy said better sounds to replay those notes would make big difference maybe a different sound module
all the vocals sit real nice in your mix what ever it is mic or artist stick with it be about it real catchy hook sounds seem different is that the same sound module as doin my thang some reason sounds different sounds are more prominent on this one keep it up

www.salimtracks.com

thanx guys. i am the artist rapping on be about it (the first guy and the guy that does the hook). i also made the beats and mixed all the compositions. i learned how to track the vocals really well over the years. i really appreciate the feedback, too. hey beatsbuy, u got any suggestions on fattening up the sounds. i got an idea of how i would do it, i just want to know ur opinion. also guys, what would u guys suggest as the best dx or vst sound modules? i really like the ultra analog and native instruments shit (absynth, fm7, etc.).

lethalastro said:
thanx guys. i am the artist rapping on be about it (the first guy and the guy that does the hook). i also made the beats and mixed all the compositions. i learned how to track the vocals really well over the years. i really appreciate the feedback, too. hey beatsbuy, u got any suggestions on fattening up the sounds. i got an idea of how i would do it, i just want to know ur opinion. also guys, what would u guys suggest as the best dx or vst sound modules? i really like the ultra analog and native instruments shit (absynth, fm7, etc.).

If you're using Reason 3.0, I have a tutorial you can download:

LINK

Back