LEM RD 122 FX vs. Peavey PV 14 USB Mixer

GaragemRecords

Hello everyone!

First time poster so go easy on me :P

So I've recently started playing regularly with some friends of mine. As of now we're two guitarists, one bassist and one drummer. We are starting to get some material recorded, but we need a mixer; we can no longer use our old LEM 82, the drummer's brother took it away with him.

So we started looking around and now we are trying to decide between the Peavey PV 14 USB and the LEM RD 122 FX. We've worked with the LEM once and we liked the results, but the Peavey has got more channels and we found a better price on it.

We came to the conclusion that we're gonna need about 8-10 XLR inputs: the drummer has a kit with 8 mic drums (though he might not use them all), the guitarists will be using one mic each, one for the bassist's amp and probably one for a possible lead singer.

Is the Peavey one comparable to the LEM? Which in your opinion is the best? Thanks in advance, we could really use yourhelp here.

Cheers!

(I'm posting this thread on the Newbies section of the forum too, I'm not sure of where should I post this)

Back