Leeking new song... be critical please...

I really didn't like the kick drum sound... It was not defined at all. Those synths in the background have got to go! They sound cheap and unflattering. The vox are too loud for the mix. The guitars need to be more pronounced. They sound like they were turned down as a sacrifice for the vocals. Except for the solo around 3:14. Those are fine. Try to cut back on that delay on the vocals after the guitar solo. Man, those vocals are really overpowering. The only thing that really gets through is the bass guitar. I know you probably want the vox to be the main focus of the song but something needs to be done! Other than all of that... Not bad.

I agree with working on the kick. I have that trouble also, not being a drummer. Kind of hard to get something that sounds really good. Voice is good, but a bit overbearing. Try and tame it a bit. It hides a lot of really good music. TRy and make some more space, and get things to sit a bit better. Sounds like the tracks were well recorded, and just need some mix tweaking.
Ed

Back