learning cubase vst 24

pilgrim

Thinking of using cubase vst 24.Is it a hard learning curve for midi and audio compared to other software out there?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pilgrim:
Thinking of using cubase vst 24.Is it a hard learning curve for midi and audio compared to other software out there?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
There is a free course on the internet to learn Cubase, check out this URL: www.liv-coll.ac.uk/arts/distance.html

Cubase is easy to learn if you have the right computer and the necessary hardware for recording.

Ramawes

I haven't really compared Cubase with other programs for a long while, so maybe I can't answer the question so directly. But I agree with Ramawes that Cubase is not really hard to use. It's set up like a tape recorder and you can just use it like one. Cubase is very deep in features, but you don't have to use them.
But having said that, there are a few things you should know first even to use it in the simplest way. You should read these parts in the manual, which may take you an hour or maybe a little more. Fortunately, the manual is great. You'll have to read about how to get the sound coming into Cubase so you can monitor and record it. It's not hard, but sometimes I find myself scratching my head trying to figure out why I'm not getting any sound coming in. (I do the same thing with my analog mixer, though.)
And there are other little things that are good to know even for simple recording. For example, when you record a take and you don't like it, you probably want to delete the whole thing. If you just hit delete, you'll delete the "part" from the screen and the song, but the actual sound file will not be deleted from the disk. To delete the part, including the sound file, you need to use CTRL-delete.
I think the power you get with Cubase is well worth the trouble to learn how to use it. But then again, I enjoy learning and using software while many people do not. I have heard that Cakewalk is a little easier to learn. But at the time I chose Cubase over Cakewalk (a long time ago), Cubase was clearly the better program. To me, a learning curve is not so important because that's only a temporary situation.

Cubase vst score 3.6 is the only package I've ever used and I learnt it quite easily. 1 word of warning. The package I got had books for the midi information and acrobat computer files for the audio wave side of things. I printed out theses files and it turned out to be 3 large books worth. A lot of reading, but I read it all cover to cover, like a good boy. But the wankers gave me out of date instructions and some of the operations stuff had changed in a really big way. I constantly hassled the guys at steinberg Australia and it took 2 years before I finally got an updated version. By this time I'd learned it all the hard way and I haven't mustered the energy to re read all the new mauals. So... great program, .. intutive ... but the support from steinberg really sucks. Luckily though there are a lot of user groups around and forums like this. Oh buy the way the EQ that comes packaged with version 3.7 is not good. And the reverbs are also pretty lame. But they will suffecie until you can afford better plug ins. Good luck. I have had great results with it. Very professional.

Ramawes

I am interested in the site you left the
link to but I have come back here a couple
of times to click on it and it never took me
anywhere till today and all it said was something like content 0. Is there any other
way for me to find this tutorial site.

Hi there,
I think one of the best things to do will be to catch a friend who has some experience in the Cubase as well as MIDI stuff. And of course read the manual! :)

I don't have any experience either with Cubase or Cakewalk; May some one can tell me which should I use! Cakewalk /9 or
Cubase VST 24.

Hey Mates--

I have been using Cubase on and off for a few years now, but I hadn't really sunk my teeth into the higher features of v.4.0.

The manual-- as you know --is a bear to print out and read. I just bought Wizoo's Cubase VST for Macintosh, and it'sgreat. The guy lays bare many of the commonly misunderstood areas of VST-- from the plug-ins, to the fx sends/inserts, to what you will need to set it up from the beginning.

I recommend this to anyone starting off with Cubase for the first time. I wish I had known of it when I first started.

Cheers.

Back