Lead As A Barrier

mikesorensen06

Does anyone have any experience in using soft lead sheets as a barrier material? Any installation pros and cons would be appreciated. The numbers look great but the cost is just as great.

Regards,
Mike

If you mean Lead loaded vinyl, yes, I have used it on an industrial site to lower the noise through an office wall and it worked a treat. I also used it in my studio on the studio doors (recording room) as there was still a little too much sound getting through the doors, I stapled a sheet of lead vinyl onto the inside of the doors and it was like adding another whole door in noise reduction.

One word of warning, don't forget that the lead vinyl is very heavy, what ever you put it on must be able to handle the extra weight load. Where are you thinking of using it?

Alan.

Expensive & toxic - no matter what reassurances you get don't use lead in any place that a kid can get to it - esp toddlers & teethers.

Expensive & toxic - no matter what reassurances you get don't use lead in any place that a kid can get to it - esp toddlers & teethers.

There is no danger at all in lead vinyl, also it's a building material, you put it in place then cover it up. If the kids are going to chew the walls there are more things to worry about than the lead.

Alan.

Back