LD Mic Capsules - DIY

ausrock

I have a pair of Soundking Dual Diaphram capsules as well as the mounting hardware which I no longer need.

The caps are still in the box I received them in and only one has been removed to be photographed so they are essentially in "as new" condition. It would appear that Soundking don't offer capsules for sale these days and Peluso's "tweaked" version is the only option at twice the price. Based on available photos and knowing that he sources from China, these look (close to) identical to Peluso's CEK-89 making me wonder what, if anything, he does to that particular model.

If anyone is interested, I can direct them to all the necessary info required to DIY your own tube mics which is what I originally purchased these caps for.

OK, the nitty gritty.............$130US for the lot plus postage from Aust., which is approx., $14. Payment preferably by Wire Transfer (Direct Deposit) or International Money Order.................Definitely no Paypal.

BTW.....I have these listed elsewhere.

:cool:

Does the dual diaphragm mean these support multi-pattern mics? And do you know whether they would work with say an MXL 960 or an ... ACM-1200 ... kind of mic?

Hey Anti,

Yes, they are suitable for multi pattern, that is actually why I originally purchased them, to make a pair of multi pattern tube mics (the G7 mic found at Prodigy forums), unfortunately, DIY'ing mics has dropped right down my priority list for the studio and it's time to clear out bits and pieces.

Realistically, these would be an economic way for someone to enter the world of mic DIY and if they're successful then there's the option of replacing the caps with something more up market eg., Neumann or AKG caps at a future time.

ChrisO :cool:

Overall diameter is 32mm. I probably should mention that I'm already having communications with someone interested in the capsules.

:cool:

Back