Layth actually post something

Layth

This the mp3 version of what Im submitting to the comp CD. Its ten years old, all tape and uses canned drums which really stink. Until I get my DAW this can be considered a teaching tool of what not to do.

Im not the musician here. My friend John is the song writer and player but it is the only song I got to do vocal backup.

Its at http://www.i-drive.com just sign in at the vistor thingy as layth. I made it 192kbs and I had to cut out a verse to get it down to 3:47 but its still 5 plus megs. The wave versions there too, but its 38megs!
Its called burndown.
Layth

[This message has been edited by Layth (edited 03-30-2000).]

Awsome sound. I would like to hear it with real drums. The singer has a really good voice, what mic did you use?? I like the reverb it sounds really good.

Can't wait to get this home.comp CD.

Adam.

Very nice, I know the feeling about the canned drums, I have a feeling that technology will make them better in the future. This song is good enough, to quickly forget about the drum machine.

This song made me think of The Band. You guys sing awesome harmony together!!

I was getting a little fuzzy kind of distortion, on the vocals, most likely the mp3.

Good work!!

Fender, thanks for the listen. I heard yours too. If I had that kind of talent when I was that age I would have made all kinds of money for the record companies! Very nice work. The mic was a Shure sm96 condenser, which used a built in battery for power. The reverb was an Alesis Midiverb II . We recorded on a cassette four track Akia MG614 and mastered to a Sony Beta video deck.

GT, yeah I recorded late at night and got it too hot, I'll have to redo. I love doing the harmony, thanks for the feedback.

Layth

Back