Layout for Bedroom "studio"

Nosferous

Layout for Bedroom "studio" help needed

Here's my current room layout [attached image]

This will have to be my bedroom and recording/mixing room.
The house is owned by my mom, but I don't think she's up for permanent to hasle re-redoing alterations.

I'm just starting into home recording, but it's proceeding nicely as far as gear is going considering I don't work a job that pays a lot nor gives tons of hours.

So, I'm going ofcourse for the cheaper routes, though I will be patient if I have to for something a little better.

I also need recommendations on a desk if anyone has one that could house my computer and would be good for recording goods like mixers or monitor holders. with a rough $200 limit may go a tad over.

I saw a site I think omniracks, some cool desks but most of them I'm sure have pretty steep prices, but there were some REALLY basic ones in there. And they don't put prices next to anything and that helps me not one bit.

I'm not too crafty, so if you suggest me building something myself, it better be something quite easy to a very novice craftsman or I might go mad. Yes, it's sad. I'd rather spend more than save and do it myself. Though if I must I might reach to my furthest extent and try it.

I'm just going for a basic set-up for right now.
It's for recording my self project and my band which doesn't even have a live drummer. We're doing stuff from accoustic music to rock, and maybe later kinda industrial.

Any help idea, how I could work with this room and spacing. What I should move, what I should get rid of, what I should invest in into the room.

Remember I can't really do much mods that will truly effect the rooms original structure or physicality (be that even thousands of staples or something that will require mass re-painting due to whatever.

If any more info is needed, like I'm sure it is. Let me know.
I'm sure someone will request a info site with things to know, which is nice and I will eventually read up on. But I'd prefer if I could get some personalized info regarding my room. Rather than sorting through references of many different room shapes and how one shape should take this effect and look.

one more thing the ceiling is flat and is about 7.5-8 feet up. So the walls are 7.5-8 feet in height.

Thanks for any help

_Mike

Attachments

• nosroom.jpg
    nosroom.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Back