layla 24/96

FourEyesRock

sorry guys last question on this thing since the manual SUCKS...alright when i use cubase VST32 for the PC i can only record through 4 channels instead of 8 (on the inputs of course on my layla) i have remapped everything blah blah blah but i can only get a signal out of my 1, 3, 5, and 7 inputs....it says something about stereo input 1 right 2 left....and the same for the others (3 right 4 left speaker) How can i get it to be individual speakers and be able to have 8 indivudual speakers...or am i just stuck only being able to record on 4 inputs?

I dont have cubase but I do have a layla. The problem looks like your settings in cubase. Your software should give you a choice of Left,Right & stereo. You have stereo chosen on all your Inputs and thats why your only getting 4. You can record on all 8 channels at the same time with any Layla.

Channel 1-Left
Channel 2-Right
Channel 3-Left
Channel 4-Right
etc.
Channel 8-right

Odd numbers Left. Even Numbers Right.

Pay no attention to the left and right unless you are recording a stereo track. just think 1 through 8. If you where to choose stereo 1/2 then 1 would be left and 2 would be right and they would record to 1 stereo track. I don't have cubase but it should offer you as inputs per track, 1 left, 2 right, stereo 1/2, 3 left, 4 right, 3/4 stereo, 5 left, 6 right, 5/6 stereo, and so on. Like I said 1 is 1 and 2 is 2 unless you pick stereo input, at which point 1 is left and 2 is right.

Yes echo could have done a much better job on their manual.

Now if you can select 2 and you are putting signal to 2 and it is recording nothing, you have a problem for sure. You will need to grease your knee's and spin in circles on them for hours. Then call stienberg support. I really doubt it is a problem with the layla. Each input is seperate and I just can't see 4 of them going out at once. I guess they could share a power supply but I would think all channels have the same power supply.

also read that awfull book about the console and check it close.

Good luck

F.S.

Back