layla 24/96 first two inputs straight to outs

daav

Flailing up a storm.
Something kind of weird and new just started happening. My first two inputs seem to always be on. Say a mic goes into a preamp, then into input one or two. I can hear input 1 in the right channel, 2 in the left. No software open, just windows desktop.
When i open cubase, it records normally, but for monitoring these two inputs play through right and left outputs like above (along with the normal output from cubase).
lately, i just started using 3 and higher inputs, since i don't really need 8 at once anyway, but I can't seem to figure out what is causing these signals to pass through.

I have outputs 1 and 2 going into a stereo channel of my mixer, and the main outs of the mixer are my main monitors. I have 3 and 4 outputs of the layla going to a headphone amp, and generally feed the tracks to this secondary output when there is more than just me recording or monitoring.

I have hunted through the echo control panel thing and don't see any obvious settings that would cause this.
Most recently, i suspected the breakout box was the issue and picked one up on ebay, same issue!

Thanks,

On theoff chance that this helps someone else, the solution was found when i posted to gearslutz...

Muting the first two inputs in the echo console did the trick. Still works fine in the DAW, and they no longer always on otherwise. I assumed that muting them would mute them in the software as well, but now all 8 inputs work great.

Daav

I'm glad you figured it out & Thanks for following up w/ the solution. I just wanted to mention that in the past I've called Echo and talked w/ a tech when I've had strange problems. They were very nice and helpfull. I still use a Layla 24/96... great interface, I think.

Take Care,
B.

Back