layla 20 with ptfree

skami97

I have been using my layla 20 for about a year now with cep...recently i decided to try the pro tools free..(dowloaded from digidesign site) but could not get it to work properly...actually not work at all...is layla compatable with ptfree...is there something im missing as far as "setting up" the program..ive never really come across any serious problems with any music program...until now...i even went out and bought a new computer because of the system requirements by protools...any help is greatly appreciated...thanks

Wish I could help you.

I have a layla 24/96 with pro suite 9.0 and it has been flawless.
I keep hearing pro tools, pro tools and would like to try it. If you get it figured out let me know how you like it.
The only thing that comes to mind is a conflict.?. If you have any other soundcards I would try uninstalling them totaly wipe protools from your disc and reinstall.

depperly@crpud.net

www.mp3.com/freudian_slip1

If you have a PC, Pro Tools Free probably won't work for you. First of all, it is too taxing on your CPU. Second of all, PRO TOOLS SUCKS FOR PC. It was designed for Mac G3's and G4's with the use of Pro Tools PROPREITARY hardware which is used to handle all of the actual audio and plug-in processing. It has nothing to do with the Layla, it has everything to do with your PC. You probably won't get it to work unless you spend a ridiculous amount of money upgrading your system, which is not necessary at all. Me and my classmates have found that programs like NUENDO and LOGIC PLATINUM do the same tasks in a much more efficient manner. I have received Pro Tools certification but in all honesty, I hate that damn program. But Pro Tools is becoming the standard DAW for every major recording facility, so if you want to be able to transfer your work to the studio it is the best way to go. If you just wanna record at home....leave Pro Tools for the people that like to burn their money.

Back