Laugh? I thought I'd die...

Dan Merrill

I was at a store the other day and saw Korg's triton keyboard- I think it's called the "extreme" model (I'm not a keyboard player) it's a big one anyway... The part that killed me was the window on the top of this digital workstation with clear plexiglass bubble, which revealed a tube wedged in there at a 45 degree angle! Kinda like having the breather/ carburator coming through the hood of the car...

Thank you to the marketing dept that gave me a good chuckle.

I mean, it must sound better, right?

I refuse to buy any piece of gear that doesn't have a tube sticking out of it. Uh, not true. I just got a slide viewer that's solid state.

lpdeluxe said:
I refuse to buy any piece of gear that doesn't have a tube sticking out of it. Uh, not true. I just got a slide viewer that's solid state.

If you run a tube heater WAAAY overvoltage, I bet it makes a pretty good lightbulb :D

Dan Merrill said:
I was at a store the other day and saw Korg's triton keyboard- I think it's called the "extreme" model (I'm not a keyboard player) it's a big one anyway... The part that killed me was the window on the top of this digital workstation with clear plexiglass bubble, which revealed a tube wedged in there at a 45 degree angle! Kinda like having the breather/ carburator coming through the hood of the car...

Thank you to the marketing dept that gave me a good chuckle.

I mean, it must sound better, right?

Man, that's sad. :(

Supercreep said:
Man, that's sad. :(
The sad part is, there's some kid out there right now jacking off to a picture of that trying to figure out how many lawns he has to mow before he can take it home and fondle that "toob".

All this time I assumed that teenaged boys yanked ye old crank over things like Christina Aguilera. I guess I was wrong.
Speaking of Christina, she's hot. No talent, but hot. Hmmm... hmmmm... uh... uh... uh... I have to sign off for a few minutes... :p

Hehe, I saw that tube Triton at my local GC and had the same reaction - almost laughed my ass off!

warm it up

Joeybear said:
All this time I assumed that teenaged boys yanked ye old crank over things like Christina Aguilera. I guess I was wrong.
Speaking of Christina, she's hot. No talent, but hot. Hmmm... hmmmm... uh... uh... uh... I have to sign off for a few minutes... :p

thats...just not right...joeybear.

I just cut out some pictures of "hot" glowing Tubes and scotch taped
em to my equipment...and it really did sound better!! just like a vintage Abbey Road tube compressor!!!

Hmm, I like the idea of tube cutouts.

Haha, my bass player used to have a homemad 6X12 cab with a plywood front and chicken wire (grill cloth didn't come intime for the first show with it, and it was such a crowd favorite.... other bands even dedicated songs to it.... that they just returned it when it came)...

Anyway, it said "Ampeg" on it in sharpie.

Track Rat said:
The sad part is, there's some kid out there right now jacking off...
At your age and mine also....fond memories I'd say. Eh?

60's guy said:
At your age and mine also....fond memories I'd say. Eh?
I'd NEVER touch myself in that way (it makes my arms sore so I contract that job out now).

Back