Latin Groove - elec and classical guitar duo

This is sounding real nice with the added percussion/drums. Mix sounds good on my PC speakers so far, and I'm looking forward to the next mix Tim after you get the files and have a chance to play with them. Keeping my ears tuned for this.....

Timothy Lawler said:
Brandon - thanks so much for doing that, it's giving me lots of arranging ideas. Very good sound quality and drumming on it. Can I get a stereo mixdown of the drumset alone? Wav or high res mp3 would be great.
I can do that Tim...the timing is dodgy and I'd like to add just a tad more fills here and there so I'm going to retrack tomorrow...I'll send you just a stereo mixdown.....btw do you know the bpm for this?

Bandrum, nice work bro!!, since you're gonna retrack- on the outro try a different beat, notice I did? Try moving into a double feel? Just a suggestion.
Tim, yeah I do have breif case. I'll have to check the max upload vs file size specs to see it'll work. I should be able to do it in a couple days.

OK, whos adding the bass?

T

Tonio said:
Bandrum, nice work bro!!, since you're gonna retrack- on the outro try a different beat, notice I did? Try moving into a double feel? Just a suggestion.

T
you read my mind. :)

Really good recording.
Spot on mix.
Love the textural contrasts betwenn the two.
The only complaint is that the pause early on didn't actually sound like it fitted.

Rami and ido – thanks for the listen.

Brandrum – the BPM is 130. I sure appreciate your work.

Tonio – good suggestions... thanks. Just let me know about the files.

Ray – thanks for the comments. You mean the break in the rhythm guitar at about :30 sounds out of place? Hmm.. I kind of liked the set-up for the phrase repetition but maybe I should add an elec lick there so it’s not so bare.

Tim

Tim,

Great playing. Cool track. Playing is very impressive. Like the clean scale runs. Very clean and very defined. :)

The ending was a little too abrupt. I was looking to see if the mp3 didn't get downloaded completely.

This is a jazzy/classical with early rock impressions track. :)

You missing something! :D Would you wanna guess or should I just say it? :)

Thanks for your comments bigbubba. What’s it missing? … bass, vocal, keys… cowbell? :D

What do you have in mind?

Tim

Timothy Lawler said:
Thanks for your comments bigbubba. What’s it missing? … bass, vocal, keys… cowbell? :D

What do you have in mind?

Tim
It's missing Diana Krall at the mic. :)

Sorry to disappoint, Ido. :)

Rats - I was sure it was bass guitar....

Alex I'll take cool songs by Tim for 1000 please - The answer is "what is anything he plays?"

:D :D :D :D :D :D Daily Double :D :D :D :D :D

Wow Tim, makes me want to grab a cool drink, sit on an exotic beach with a whole bunch of hot/cute snake chicks, and relax the days away :D
Anyway, great great piece (I'm listening to the one with brandrum drums) Excellent guitar phrasing and sounds.
Maybe I'm out there, but I could hear some quick building flyby ocean sounding synths sounding cool coming in here and there later in the song.
Enjoyed much :)

Have you considered to ad one warm acoustic bass track to this lovely tune?
Everything is so crystal clear and played perfectly well. Maybe, bass can give some low notes and I doubt it would spoil charm of your tune. WELL DONE!
Thank you, Tim!

Very Nice playing. It's not easy to make something that isn't boring with just one droning chord.

Ido and bigbubba: I’m all for Diana Krall AND a bass

Snake: I like the synth ocean idea. Want to add it?

Space: thanks for the listen :)

Sikter: there’s little that’s cooler than acoustic bass IMO. Thanks.

Nave: glad you liked it. ummmm… but it’s actually [Stand back, boys...] TWO droning chords. :D :eek:

Tim

Timothy Lawler said:
Snake: I like the synth ocean idea. Want to add it?

Hey Tim, I'm going to be away from my recording stuff till thursday. I'll see if I can cook something up then :cool:

SnakeDog5050 said:
Hey Tim, I'm going to be away from my recording stuff till thursday. I'll see if I can cook something up then :cool:
Excellent. Please post it here... look forward to hearing it. Could you also send me a stereo file of part you come up with so I can mix it into my future arrangement?

Tim

Last edited:
Back