Latest

mikemoritz

Hey all,

I recently finished doing the work on my band's latest EP, and was looking for some comments on it. The song's name is "Outlet" and it's up at: Here

However, people sometimes have trouble with the firewall, so it's also Here

Thanks in advance,
Mike

good song..

the drums get washed out in the heavier parts.. cool synths in the background.. or is that guitar? nice screams! The bass drum and snare get lost.. The song also sounds very midrangey to me.. The guitars sound good, but get too loud.. It sounds like your going for a Pumpkinsish sound, but the drums get buried here.. That little harmony @ 2:10 is out of key.. the vocals are a bit sibilant or over compressed in spots.. It sounds very compressed overall.. My biggest complaint is the drum balances.. It would have more impact if the drums were mixed better.. The bass drum and snare get way too low..

good song, great screams! needs a remix..

I can only comment from a technical perspective (since that's not my style of music) and I think it was good. I would redo that one 4-part harmony part. I think the last two voices to come in were flat. I'm thinking for the hard rock stuff like this is, separation of drums, and bass isn't that important, is it? If you were trying to capture a powerful output for the listener, I think you did it. Good job.

Real nice song. Feels good. Good lead vocal; it does sound a little bid dull, but I'm guessing that is an eq issue (like maybe cut a little low mid or add a little high end) and not a compression issue. I think it's the snare drum that should come up a tad.

Back