Latest WIP, need feedback!

AscendRecording

So the deadline for this mix is this weekend. I just wanted to hear other opinions before sending it out to the client.

If you have any questions about the mix, feel free to ask!

-Jeff

Wow, man. Sounds fantastic. I just tracked a group that sounds similar, and you've given me a lot of mix ideas with this. Thanks! (Sounds awesome!)

Glad it could help out! and thank's man I appreciate it!

Any feedback anyone? even if it's the tiniest nitpick, it would really help out a lot!

I will say one thing, it is obvious that you used some Hass effect on the guitars, because they all but completely disappear when mix is placed in mono.

Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, I have argued the point of using it as a tool, many times. But this is quite extreme, even for the genre.

Other than that, the mix is quite clear, and the playing is very solid. I would give it a 9.2 rating. :)

Thank's for the feedback man!

To be honest I actually did not use the Haas effect on it, I agree with you and would actually NEVER use the Haas effect in a mix, I always make sure the guitars get double tracked.

This particular track was not recorded at my studio, it was recorded in a studio out in Portugal and then sent over to me for editing/mixing/mastering but I can guarantee it was double tracked. It might be because I edited the guitar's pretty tightly. Since these guitars are tuned pretty low, I had to edit the guitars VERY TIGHT to keep the mix from sounding really muddy.

I really appreciate the feedback! :)

Last edited:
Then something really strange is going on. The rhythm guitars (panned hard left and right) almost completely disappear when played in mono. Just made sure I wasn't stoned. I don't partake anyway, but thought I would make sure...

I am not trying to argue the fact that the mix sounds awesome. It does. I just gave what I heard.

I really does sound really good man. Props to you, and the band! :)

Back