Latest Original Work

Overall it sounds really nice to me. The composition is nice, and the guitar tones are as well. On the really loud parts, the guitars kind of seem to eat everything, and it's really hard to hear the bass. You may try cutting some 200Hz - 250Hz on the guitars to keep them from stepping on the bass. It sounds nice and ballsy; it's just that bass gets lost to me.

The drums also have a harshness to me (cymbals). They may be peaking a bit too much in the upper mids or highs.

Cool tune, great atmosphere. Good job! :)

Why do the drums sound so muddy? The crash cymbal has this harshness around 3k or so, but they have no sparkle or high end. And then when the loud guitars come in, everything gets lost in a mush. Don't get me wrong, it's musically beautiful mush lol, but you are losing all definition between each element in your mix. I would suggest by starting with some filtering on every element in your mix. high-pass guitars at 100hz and low pass them at 12k. high pass your bass at 50hz or so and low pass it at around 4k. Then start compressing your drums in order to emphasize their transients.

Back