Latest news from Cakewalk Sonar

mark skinner

https://www.cakewalk.com/sonar
Without much fanfare Cakewalk made the new "Sonar" and "Next" available for early access. Both have been in Beta testing for a while with the power users. I've been following those who have been commenting on the new programs on the Cakewalk forum , and all seems well. I'm sure an official public release will come very shortly with a lot more documentation and fanfare. From what I can see , the New daw will be $150. US , with monthly payments available . This is basically Sonar Platinum ($500. US) with years of free upgrades (since Gibson stopped all support for the Daw). Lots of upgrades and new codes for the new Cakewalk Sonar. It will have integration with the Bandlab App , Cakewalk by Bandlab and the new Cakewalk Next. Win 10 or 11 will be required to support the new vector graphics.
I'm still on win 7 , so .. I'm going to wait a while and see how long the Free Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB) will run on my Daw PC. I may just put it on a laptop for testing while upgrading or replacing my Daw pc. ?? Been waiting on this for a while , and there's a lot more to come. They're even talking about 3d grapfics. Later .. mark

https://www.cakewalk.com/sonar
Without much fanfare Cakewalk made the new "Sonar" and "Next" available for early access. Both have been in Beta testing for a while with the power users. I've been following those who have been commenting on the new programs on the Cakewalk forum , and all seems well. I'm sure an official public release will come very shortly with a lot more documentation and fanfare. From what I can see , the New daw will be $150. US , with monthly payments available . This is basically Sonar Platinum ($500. US) with years of free upgrades (since Gibson stopped all support for the Daw). Lots of upgrades and new codes for the new Cakewalk Sonar. It will have integration with the Bandlab App , Cakewalk by Bandlab and the new Cakewalk Next. Win 10 or 11 will be required to support the new vector graphics.
I'm still on win 7 , so .. I'm going to wait a while and see how long the Free Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB) will run on my Daw PC. I may just put it on a laptop for testing while upgrading or replacing my Daw pc. ?? Been waiting on this for a while , and there's a lot more to come. They're even talking about 3d grapfics. Later .. mark
Cakewalk is releasing Sonar again? It’s Bandlab BTW - not the Cakewalk group of old.

During the restructuring "Cakewalk by Bandlab" was re-branded back to "Cakewalk" for the new releases.
The original code writers and Bakers of the Cakewalk "group of old" , went straight to work for Bandlab when they aquired it from Gibson. They are still around and "active" on the Cakewalk Discuss forum.
Support for this Daw is pretty awesome. Being able to communicate with the Bakers like you would any other forum member , is nice. mark

Back