Latency - US-122 Question

KiFF BluEs

In the US-122 Control Panel you can choose latency from 256 - 2048. Here's the problem:

At 256 there is no latency. However, if I do anything like scroll on the internet or play too many notes at once it freezes up.

At 1024 or 2048 I can do anything and nothing will freeze up. However, the latency is horrible.

Therefore, I have it set to 512. However, I would like to be able to set it to 256. Do a lot of you experience this same problem? And, would getting a faster computer solve this issue? I have 512 RAM right now...maybe a 1GB wouldn't hurt...and I think people said USB 2.0 wouldn't even help at all...

i think the us-122 is a usb 1.0 unit so 2.0 wouldnt do nothing to help.
what are the specs of your machine?
and..in your program..are you using the us-122's 24 bit or 16 bit driver..that alone will make a huge difference.

maybe 512 is all it can handle..is there any noticeable latence @ 512?
Also..disable any programs you arent using when recording..for me..i even kill the internet when im tracking.Antivirus and all stuff like that should be disabled as well.

-The latency isn't really noticeable at 512 unless I'm really listening for it. However, while recording at 512 using GigaStudio midi gets really choppy. I can fix this by going to 1024, but then the latency is even more noticeable.

-Also, will simply unplugging the usb cable on my router make antivirus etc use less resources since they won't be doing anything? And I guess I should unplug it anyway since it's USB and probably makes the interface go slower.

-Another question: why does my computer sometimes restart randomly while using the interface???

-More questions: I'm probably going to go buy an extra 512 ram tommorow, making a total of 1gb ram. will that solve these buffer/latency/etc issues??

-also, wth is crypserv.exe? is that something that has to do with cubase or gigastudio? can I cancel this process?

- would it be helpful to set Cubase to High Priority in task manager???

Last edited:
Back