latency issues with acid pro

jake90

I've been using Sony Acid Pro for years and today for the first time there was latency using a line out from my amp straight into a mixer and into my computer. It's the most irritating thing in the world to have. Anyway, I don't use any pedals, I tried unplugging and plugging everything back in, tried turning the amp off then back on, restarting my computer, etc. Its pretty bad latency and it's driving me nuts. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

I got a Creative "Blaster X-FI" USB sound card and I still get latency, just not as much. I don't want something expensive, all I want is a signal to my computer with no lag. I don't know what the difference or relation between an "interface" and a "soundcard" is but interfaces seem to cost and do more. All I need is something simple. The sound card in my computer used to be fine but it went to shit all of a sudden.

Anything made by Creative falls into the 'gamer' category and has problems with latency.

They are built for GAMING, not recording. They are not well known for the quality of their drivers.

See the link in my post above and go read Tweak's Guide....

Back