Latency issue with Tracktion 2.0 demo

amonte

I'm using the demo version of Tracktion for a little while now and I'm pretty certain that I want to purchase it, along with some recording hardware (PCI card). The one constant issue that I've had is that when I'm playing guitar in Tracktion 2.0, I hear two signals - one in real-time, and one that sounds at if it is on a short delay. Now, before I go any further, I should point out that I am using the sound card that came with my Dell PC for this. I don't plan on using it in the long (or even the short) term, but it's all I had available for demoing the program. I'm just concerned that I will still have latency issues, even AFTER I upgrade the card. Plus, when I run in Cakewalk PA 9.0, I don't hear a delay - everything is in real-time.

I realize that until I drop a better card into my PC, I'm just taking shots in the dark, but do you guys thing that it's pretty likely that the issue is with the sound card?

amonte said:
do you guys thing that it's pretty likely that the issue is with the sound card?
Yep.

If you're going to buy the sound card anyway - which you should - hang onto the Tracktion demo and try it with the new sound card just to satisfy yourself everything will be kosher after you buy it. I use Tracktion 2.0 with a Tascam US-122 and have no latency problems whatsoever...

Back