last night i was pissed..

Wow Jamal: You know I love you like a brother, so I'll shoot ya' straight.

Most of this is completely unusably ass-like. Like the polesmoker said, you get the anger across, but it sucks. Now, everthing after "I'm sick of feeling the same way" is my favorite thing ever. Please pick that up and run with it.

"Caught me in a baaaaaAAAaaad way"

Nice "offness." LOL

Rock on brother,
Chris

I'm sorry too...

Naw it doesn't sound THAAAT bad. The emotion really comes through....hee.

With some work this could be a keeper. The vocal performance was a bit rough in some high spots and the guitar mix seemed bumpy and imbalanced.

Go work on that and get back to me boy...if you aren't sick of the song yet.

too mono for me......

and the vocals were surprisingly off key in places......

i love the song idea and guitar part.......

definitely something id like to see you work on.......

MIKE

hahahaha.....well ok then..

smokepole:...GREAT name btw...lmao...yeah i hear you LOUD AND CLEAR on the "point"....

chris:...you know i think ill try to make "offness" my new sound ...sure its overdone..i mean i hear it everyday in here...lol..but still i think i can bring being "off" to new and exciting levels...

kramer:..it wasnt enough that i was yellin at myself last night...but at the time i thought "you know what would be agreat idea?!?!...ill record this cause i bet in the morning it will sound TONS better!!!"....again.......wrong. lmao

jake owa:...ok ill paraphrase what you said.."jeez jamal what the fuck is wrong with you and what did we do to deserve to have to listen to this?!?!......dick."...its ok you know it i know it ..it sucks.

gidge:..wow now that you mention it i dont think i panned much of this at all....good call.i wouldnt call the vocals being off key "surprising " really....lol...and ideas are easy ...its implementing them that sucks......:D

I actually like the structure of the first part, up until around 1:05 or so when it sound like you started flipping switches or something. It got muddy after that. But it was real stuff, so you could work with it in a normalcy mode and develop it into really something cool. :)

Hey,

Mix is unbalanced for sure cause, even I could notice it. I dig the build and emotion of the vox track. I don't dig the fact that the song isn't done. I need a bad day song to listen to. Can you change it to "bad week"?:D :mad:

Solid ass idea. Hope you post the polished version.

Peace,
Theron.

Jamal... as song ideas go... it's bang-up. Some boooooominess there on guitar that sucks up lotsaheadroom...

some screamings... lovely. Good song Idea.... Soundgarden-ish... nice lead lines in there 1:09, some hammerons, pulloffs... our son Songboy is learning how to solo.... hehe... beautiful.

Good idea.

Now have cat-eggs record it.

lmao

c

are you talking about annulliby? if so i dont see a problem. Rome was'nt built in a day! great song! later, Tim

toki:...you liar....lmao...u hate this as much as i do .....ADMIT IT!...hehehehe...i might try to do something with it ...it was just angst in the form of "song" sorta......;)

twist :..already it better just read davids reply:D

david:...ok that was enough to make today about 4000 times better then yesterday...thanks !...(if you pm me with and address i'll send you the "temporary" c.d i have complete right now)

theron : i habvent seen you for 6 mths and THIS is the song you heard?!?!?!.....damnit this is the crappiest ear sore of a song i have ever done....do me a favor and listen to "last hurrah" on my page ..at least itll seem like i progressed a bit since last time ....and glad to see you hanging around again my freind!!!

chad:..you realizr this is the result of that c.d you sent me.....i have been listening to that thing in the truck for a week track number 1 is fucking superb!!...thanks...oh that crap after the screaming part where its just guitar was a mistake ...it kinda fits but wasnt even part of the song so to speak...

t-rok.com said:
are you talking about annulliby? if so i dont see a problem. Rome was'nt built in a day! great song! later, Tim

hehehe yeah i could see where from the description on my nowhere page it might seem like "annullaby" was the one but it was "bad day"..altho annullaby was pretty much the same deal without the "being pissed off" part....

jamal

humpfff... I thought some of MY stupider stuff was a little on the loose side.

I'll send ya the plaque.

;)

Actually, I think recorded in a SluiCe style, this would be a pretty awesome tune. I'm not sure how I would streach out a 1:34 song to 15 mg MP3 file(in the purest SluiCe style)...but I'm sure there is a way. Has kinda a sketch pad feel to it, but the performances (mind the singing now) are real close. Drums are cool too.

mixmkr said:
humpfff... I thought some of MY stupider stuff was a little on the loose side.

I'll send ya the plaque.

;)

Actually, I think recorded in a SluiCe style, this would be a pretty awesome tune. I'm not sure how I would streach out a 1:34 song to 15 mg MP3 file(in the purest SluiCe style)...but I'm sure there is a way. Has kinda a sketch pad feel to it, but the performances (mind the singing now) are real close. Drums are cool too.

on the loose side ...man this is FLAPPIN loose.....hahahahaha...
make sure you spell my name right on the plaque!!!!..:D

HAAAAAAAAA,

Fair enough,

I downloaded and listened to "last hurrah".

Progressed you have. Beyond my reach and the song rocks!
Very catchy without a POP feel (is that possible or acceptable anymore?:rolleyes: :D

I just quit my job cause I realised I was too consumed with trying to work under a tyranical, irrational and flipanty egotistical boss to possibly have time or thought for music and all the fullfillment it brings. (maybe I should start a thread) I'm empty and your song started to fill me up!

Nice to be back and greeted with the amount of cool tunes I've had the chance to check out so far.

so............are you gonna polish this one up or not?!?:D

Peace,

Theron.

theron said:
HAAAAAAAAA,

Fair enough,

I downloaded and listened to "last hurrah".

Progressed you have. Beyond my reach and the song rocks!
Very catchy without a POP feel (is that possible or acceptable anymore?:rolleyes: :D

I just quit my job cause I realised I was too consumed with trying to work under a tyranical, irrational and flipanty egotistical boss to possibly have time or thought for music and all the fullfillment it brings. (maybe I should start a thread) I'm empty and your song started to fill me up!

Nice to be back and greeted with the amount of cool tunes I've had the chance to check out so far.

so............are you gonna polish this one up or not?!?:D

Peace,

Theron.

lol...cool i guess i should qualify this by saying ...altho i did write it......in truth chris harris mixed it and added back ups....and well...guernica played the bass......and truth be told.......hehe.....chad(participant)....did the drums for me....so in essence lets recap:...i got better at asking for help!!!..

it is glad to see you around tho we missed your poetic posts and such.....sorry bout your job tho..altho its probably a good thing...

make some music

jamal

Well I expected worse. Did you do something strange to your hair. A lot of body piercing? Sounds like a good emo punk song to me-lol. You could probably turn it into a decent song. Its good to vent dude. Is the wife gettin ya down? Maybe you need some counseling. There is help.
Play on.............
Myx

Back