Large diaphram Condenser under 200 dollars

awesomeness1498

Hi, i am looking to begin my studio this christmas and all that is left to decide is what mics to get. I am already getting an SM57 so i think i should get a nice condenser for vocals and acoustic guitar. i will get some small diaphram condensers in the future.

So for the mic, i need a Large diaphram conder under 200 dollars and was hopeing for recomendations. I would also like it if you could consider me only having these 2 mics for a while and i will be recording a drum set and a wide range of intrements. I am looking at the audio technicia AT2035, Rode nt1-a, and Blue Spark mics. I am perfering the blue spark for its versitility but the rode nt1-a looks amazing for vocals.

BTW you can go over 200 by like 30 ish dollars and only go over 50 dollars if it is really worth it k

Thanks sorry for spelling

AT3035 (used) ($100-ish for me on craigslist)
AT4033 (used) ($250-ish for me on craigslist, with Art Tube MP preamp, first of sorts, now sold)

Blue Spark, MXL v67g, and some others too. Just make sure that it has a decent noise floor, 15dB A-weighted or less. And that your recording space isn't going to be an issue with the extra detail it'll capture. i.e. my 4033a was almost OMNI, and the 3035 isn't very directional either.

...you might want to check out Karma's new "Trinity"...3 polar patterns and a pretty smooth top-end...regularly $249, but it's on a special for $189 right now...those extra polar patterns come in real handy in various micing situations...10dB pad and low-cut filter...at that price it's a good deal...

Trinity Multi-Pattern Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone :: Condenser Mics Trinity, Unity, Prophecy, K-10, K-micro, Silver Bullet :: Karma Mics - Dynamic mic - Condenser Microphone - Recording Microphone - San Jose, CA

Back