Laptop recording

resinspect

Hello all! New member with a question. I purchased samplitude studio recording software several years ago and never got a chance to use it. Due to a change in schedules I have reciently had a chance to use it and have found that apperantly I need some type of device to connect external input sources to my laptop inorder to record (no one told me this when I purchased the software). Using the mic. jack on my computer creats too much internal noise on the recording. I need a system that will provide 48v phantom power and allow for mutipal inputs. The primary use is to record soundtracks on one track and add insturments and vocals on other tracks. The second use is recording our choir at church and adding insturments and solos on other tracks. I have reviewed the Event EZbus, and Echo Mona. Does anyone have any other suggestions for systems that don't cost an arm and a leg. Thanks

Thanks for the reply TREE, I reviewed both units and neither supported 48v phantom power. I need this for mic support. At the church I can run the mic's through the mixer and then line out to the interface (may be) but not at home. Thanks again

Then the low cost solution is to add a preamp for every mic; you will need phantom power only for condenser mics. With the Tascam, you have four channels of mic input at once. Look at the M-Audio Audio Buddy and DMP3 units. Both are two channel; both have phantom power; the first is available for about $80 and the second for about $200. A Presonus Blue Tube preamp is available for about $150, and ART preamps are available for well under a hundred bucks. Any of these would do a decent job for what you're describing.

On the other hand, now you're at the cost of an Echo MONA with a laptop card,which last I knew, could be had for a little under $700.

I'm starting to reserch this topic a bit too. I just picked up a laptop to do mostly editing but if I can stumble into a decent, cheep front end, it could be a cool portable setup. The search continues!.:cool:

Back