Lapel mics

still4given

Got my ticket!
I think this has come up before but I can't seem to find it. I do a lot of acting at our church. Most of the programs are musicals and I usually have a solo to sing, as well as play one of the main characters. I have tried using the Shure lapel that Pastor normaly wears for his sermons but have not been satisfied with the results, especially for the songs. For the christmas program I used a Countryman headset mic and it worked better but the visual is a little distracting.

Can some of you recomend a good lapel setup for what I need. I'm thinking about buying one for myself since I need one so often. Budget is somewhat of a concern but I do want to get a good one.

Thanks, Terry

Well, the be-all and end-all of lavalier mics would be the DPA 4060 series. They cost about $325, but that's just the microphone, you have to supply the wireless system. On the bright side, they make connectors to mate with just about any system made. These are the mics used by Broadway shows.

Scott

:eek:

$399 unterminated.

I'm afraid that's a little steep for me right now. I would still need a transmitter and receiver. It does look like a good mic for my needs though. Do you know how the DPA compares to say the Countryman E6 or the Sennheiser MKE 2-5? They seem to be a bit less expensive.

Thanks, Terry

Back