Land of the Dead. I diddy I wrote to Tim Burtons "Edward Sissorhands"

I liked the quality of the vox. I think the acoustic guitars could sound a bit better. Take advantage of the proximity effect. I don't really hear anything wrong with the mix. I think if you took some of the mids out, it would sound better. It's not even that bad though. Everything else pretty much sounded pro. Good job. :D

Sounds good.

No major nits here.

A little more definition on the bass might be nice (especially on the higher notes)

Love that crisp guitar sound, not a fan of the snare, are these drums programmed? Anyway, it's a nice song. I have a bass-oriented speakers, so the bass showed through, but alittle bit of more definition as stated above would be nice, bass is very much necessary for atmosphere in songs like these. Anyway, it's a very nice mix, and I'm just nitpicking so you don't feel too good about yourself, lol! Good job

Lee! Good to see ya round these parts again buddy! How ya been? :)

Sounded to me like there's a lot of "woomph" coming from that vocal mic. I'd HPF that.

I wasn't a fan of the snare either.

It sounds fine when all the instruments are in, but when there's less goin on, it
pokes out way too much. Maybe try gating it during the more open parts?

Other than that, sounded great. Really professional :D

Lee,
Hello, how are you?
Let me begin by declaring my bias: I think Edward SH is the first truly modern Fairy Tale. I love almost everything about it from the production values to the savaging of suburban mores not to mention the unrequited love angle & then the remorse mixing with his snow/ice flakes every year (a bitter pill of memory that returns every year. I swallow it, & relive the pain of what was lost, so dear. I could of course turn away or chose to be elsewhere, but the bitterness balances the sweet, well at least I know I care. Each flake is a moment lost, a frozen heart beat's sway. Each touch on my skin a pained regret that quickly melts away). The decision to colour the suburb in pastels was probably the most brilliant thing I've seen in Burton land (the owners didn't want to change their homes back either I read somewhere - but had to do so to comply with body corporate stuff. I sad case of life not being allowed to immitate art).
Now, the song...
The snare sound reminds me of the machines/production line at the beginning of the song - in fact I'dsynthesize it even more for the 1st few bars before morphing into the current sound.
You've avoided the obvious fashionable Gothic overtones in favour of a set of sounds that will, hopefully, age as well as the movie & story.
The bass seems to be pretty well defined in my ears BUT I'm using H/phones at present.
Terrific song.

The further into the song I got, the more enthusiastic I got. From 2:00 onwards things get exciting. The snare has got to go, though. Like someone else said, it's not so bad when things get louder but it really diminishes the quality of the song for the most part. Nice sounding vocals man.

Back