Lace sensor Gold on the bridge position...

James Argo

Fancy Rock N' Roll
...one of my "clean" axe is Fender custom with only two single coil slot without pickguard. I used to have the original stratocaster pickup on the bridge, and Lace sensor Gold on the neck position. Short story, one day I fall in love with Fender Custom 69 single coil pickup. So I bought it to replace the original one (bridge position) but when I was about to install it, my friend (who sold me the Custom 69) said it's the best to put it on the neck position. So should I move the LS Gold to the bridge? I'm affraid I will loose the crystal glassy sound it offered. He also said that if I don't like the gold on the neck, I should replace it with the red one which he said works better on the bridge than the gold. Damn, I'm confuse. I use the guitar for clean sound or lite crunchy rhytm. Any words to share?

Thanks!
;)
Jaymz

only way to know is to try. I don't like the LS Gold in the bridge of a strat bc I think it's too weak, but I dont like the lace sensors gold at all for that matter.

Thanks, spoonie g :)
Yeah, weak! That's one of the reason I think about it. Actualy, it's used if I play Clapton or Gillmore style sometime. I have several guitars with their own unique sound. This one supposed to be the "good boy" with fancy clean sound. Thanks again :) Any more words?

;)
Jaymz

...forgot to add; the best strat pickups I've ever heard were Lindy Fralin vintage Hots. Talk about Gilmore tone! I don't mean to crap on the lace's; they have their merits, but I think they just sound very clinical and cold compared to good hand-wound alnico pickups.

Yeah, I've heard a friend mentioned that Lindy stuff. It's just very difficult to find one down here in Indoland. I never had any chance to hear the tone myself anyway. Lace sensor, off course, is not the greatest in the world. But I find it fits my need on this particular guitar. Like I mentioned, I already have many guitars around, and they work for their special purpose. Maybe someday when I find something better (or I get bored by it), I'll ditch the LS and replace it, meanwhile, I'll keep it or at least trade it for another LS type :)

;)
Jaymz

They arn't so bad.

I'm saying the Lace Sensors are the best thing ever but when I replaced my stock bridge with it I loved it. It gives me just enough more to get my dist tone the way I like it.
I never tried on the neck though. How does that sound?

Thanks, Chewie :)

Some people kept telling me how weak the LS Gold compared to other stuff, you seem loved it :) That's fine. I found it's perfect for cleanish sound. I like my Custom 69 better, but LS Gold has different touch.

;)
Jaymz

Chewie said:
I'm saying the Lace Sensors are the...

Sorry. I made a typo. I meant, "I'm not saying the Lace Sensors are the...."

But in all fairness I haven't really had any experince with other pickups. Living in Trinidad & Tobago means I have to import everything. After Sep 11 especially things are not only expensive but customs always rip apart everything. So I bought the LS Gold and used that.

(Wondering why I said all that yet?)

That said can anyone tell me about their experiences with the other Lace Sensors as I have none other than the Gold?
I'm actually looking for something in the humbucker area. I was lookinga the Dimebucker. What I want is something that can give good bright clean but a good palm muting sound also.

If this comes across as hijacking the thread please just ignore me.

That's what I'm talking about :) Living in third world countries means no access to decent gears. And the worst part is, Indonesia has been banned from Paypal & eBay since too many fraudulent activities past five years. So, gears are expensive yet rare to find here... :(

Anyway, I've tried LS Red, it's hotter than the Gold one. Good for almost all position. Closest to humbucker.

;)
Jaymz

James Argo said:
Anyway, I've tried LS Red, it's hotter than the Gold one. Good for almost all position. Closest to humbucker.

;)
Jaymz

Sorry. I didn't make myself clear. I meant an actual humbucker. I've always used singles but I was given this old guitar with hums. It's almost a Les Paul but not.

Btw what exactly do we mean by 'hotter'?

Just a thought, if I replace my gold lace sensor in the bridge position with a Red lace sensor, can i swap the covers over? My gold ones have turned a lovely creamy colour.

please?

Hotter... more hot... it drives more gain, therefore, slightly louder than the gold one.

LeeJ, I think you can do that... :) I'm not experienced by hand, but I know my friend does that.

Dimebag

The Dimebucker is supposed to be a pickup based on the late great Diebag Darrel of Pantera. It supposed to have some kinda core which is supposed to give great pinch harmonics.

Back