Labeling all those cables....

mastahnke

Linux Man...
What does everybody do to label all their cables? I have thought about purchasing a labeler from like officemax or something, but I am cheap and I could spend the 20 bucks on some new cables. I really have a problem around the back of my racks and and into the patchbays.

Do most of you use masking tape and write on it? or not label? or buy a labeler?

Just looking for ideas.

One thing I tried the other day is to put some type of colored heat shrink tubing on each end of the cable and then write on the heat shrink with a black permanent marker. The heat shrink will also kind of act like a stress releif for the cable.

I have been told, as I am sure many of you have, that I spend more time with my music ambitions than I do with my gal. Now of course I don't hear that often, but it comes up. So in an attempt to involve each other in our individual hobbies I had a great idea.

I use her assorted nail polish colors to color code my cables!

No ones left out now!

I bought a 5-pack of colored electrical tape from Staples, only a couple of bucks and gives me 16 different labels (one unmarked + 5 colors * 1-3 bands of tape)

Back