KX Drivers

guitar ed

OK, I searched this forum and looked around on the net, but I can't find a definite answer about these drivers. I have a PIII 600mhz puter, 192 MB RAM, 2 10-g HD's, and a Soundblaster Live Value soundcard. I run Windows XP Professional, and as far as latency, I can't get below 20 ms without clicks and pops, while monitoring my guitar input. I'm seeing that these drivers work well with the SB Live.............but I'm also seeing people who have had nightmares. I downloaded the files, and my computer locked up just unzipping the damn things !! That was not a good sign. Maybe I need to download them again from a different mirror site? Anyway, can anyone tell me, given the system I own, what can I expect from these drivers? Will I get better audio performance? What about MIDI? Also, the SB Live does not support ASIO, but if I understand correctly, I should be able to take advantage of ASIO features if I use the KX drivers. Is this true? Is it real ASIO? I'm sorry to heap all this on you, and I hope I get a few replies. In the meantime, I'll keep studying and researching, but some input from dudes with hands-on experience would help a lot. Thanks.

ed

Back