Kurzweil PC3 HELP

Rachmaninoff

Hello,
I am totally new to synthesizers and their relationship with computers. I am a quick learner but need help or advice right now.
I will be getting a new Kurzweil PC3 when they are available. I have a Mac computer and will need help setting this all up. Can anyone advise me on reading material and/or finding one-on-one help in New York City?
Thank you so much.

I'd say ask your good friend Skryabin, but he's been dead for a while :(

Anyway, you'll need a MIDI interface (maybe not, I think the PC3 will have a USB port), and audio interface, and some kind of sequencer software. Although if you have a Mac, you might be able to get by with the built in sound and GarageBand.

Rachmaninoff said:
Hello,
I am totally new to synthesizers and their relationship with computers. I am a quick learner but need help or advice right now.
I will be getting a new Kurzweil PC3 when they are available. I have a Mac computer and will need help setting this all up. Can anyone advise me on reading material and/or finding one-on-one help in New York City?
Thank you so much.
Well, there's this forum... ;)

look at MIDI

A lot of midi is simply learning by doing. Its a concept, and getting the concept is the hard part. Once you get it, it comes quickly. As mentioned you need a midi interface and some software that does midi sequencing.

Back