Kudos to M-Audio

Kelby

Four years ago, I bought a Delta 1010. It worked great until yesterday, when it developed a "humming" problem. A quick search on this forum reveals that it's probably some burnt-out capacitors due to a heat-related design issue.

At first I suspected I might be stuck paying for the fix, because I bought it four years ago. But I pulled out the manual, which reminded me that the product comes with a lifetime warranty. :)

Now, assuming M-Audio stands behind their warranty (and I have no reason to doubt that they will), I'll say that it's pretty impressive to offer a lifetime warranty on any computer-related product. Most companies out there give you something like 90 days, and a couple years is outstanding. But a lifetime warranty is really standing behind your product.

I thought they deserved kudos.

Cheers,
Kelby.

Wow.. Lifetime Warranty.. Thats good news to hear.. Cause Il be getting a 1010LT this April :D

too bad if it breaks down, im from the philippines :(

I had a 1010 go bad on me after a couple of years. I contacted M-Audio for a return authorization, shipped it off to Calif., and got it back repaired at no cost to me (other than the cost to ship to Calif).

Besides being without the device for 3 weeks or so, it was rather painless.

i looked at the website and it only talks about a 1 year warrenty....about to buy the delta 44 and DMP3....be nice if it was really lifetime...

I have had both my 1010s fixed after many years of use.
Other that the afore mentioned 6 weeks or so out of use. It was very painless.

Tom

Lifetime warranty would be amazing...but since we are dealing with electronic products, their realibility is not inevitable. And if this is was the case, then m-audio would have suffered loses since people would be calling them up and increasing their labour.

Back