Kudos to Behringer??? Yup....

turnitdown

$10 PayPal=Your Ad Here!!
I just bought a new FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller from Behringer.... (GREAT unit, if you take the time to learn how to program it)
There is a VERY active Yahoo group for these boards, and I learned that the latest ROM chip for it is version 2.51. My board came with version 2.41...

I called Behringer, (in Seattle), got an articulate, knowledgable, friendly English speaking guy on the 3rd ring.... I explained, and he took my address and sent me a new EPROM (ver 2.51e) immediately.... I got it very well packed w/ instructions in 2 days....

That was my first dealing w/ Behringer support, and I am shocked....
For all the negative things I have heard about their support, I was blown away.... :D :D

turnitdown said:
I just bought a new FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller from Behringer.... (GREAT unit, if you take the time to learn how to program it)
There is a VERY active Yahoo group for these boards, and I learned that the latest ROM chip for it is version 2.51. My board came with version 2.41...

I called Behringer, (in Seattle), got an articulate, knowledgable, friendly English speaking guy on the 3rd ring.... I explained, and he took my address and sent me a new EPROM (ver 2.51e) immediately.... I got it very well packed w/ instructions in 2 days....

That was my first dealing w/ Behringer support, and I am shocked....
For all the negative things I have heard about their support, I was blown away.... :D :D

When they do produce, it's worthwhile and good. But when they don't, it seems to be when you need them most.
I still like Berri, until I'm raking in 3k a month, I can't ignore Berri! :D

BassPeace said:
So what do you want, a medal?
What an asshole.

This is exactly the kind of thing that belongs on a forum like this, especially about a company like Behringer who have been on the recieving end of a whole bunch of criticism both, IMHO, deserved and undeserved.

I hearby nominate turnitdown for a medal.

All with me signify by giving him some positive rep points...

ssscientist said:
What an asshole.

This is exactly the kind of thing that belongs on a forum like this, especially about a company like Behringer who have been on the recieving end of a whole bunch of criticism both, IMHO, deserved and undeserved.

I hearby nominate turnitdown for a medal.

All with me signify by giving him some positive rep points...

I second that. Any [serious] review is a good review!

Thanks... I try to recognize "good" customer service whenever I find... It's getting rare, but it still happens...

For what they charge for their products, I was suprised they even had customer service... and in the US no less!!!!!!

Unlike AT&T.... when my DSL had issues this week, the idiot in the Phillipnes, insisted my "cookies" folder was my problem..... turned out to be a bad MUX off the OC3 link in a neighboring town..... Oh, and her accent..... Horribly hard to understand!!!!!!!! :mad:

turnitdown said:
For what they charge for their products, I was suprised they even had customer service... and in the US no less!!!!!!

It's easy to understand - they don't have to fund R&D.

turnitdown said:
Unlike AT&T.... when my DSL had issues this week, the idiot in the Phillipnes, insisted my "cookies" folder was my problem..... turned out to be a bad MUX off the OC3 link in a neighboring town..... Oh, and her accent..... Horribly hard to understand!!!!!!!! :mad:
Typical friggin moron on the helpdesk. God I hate help(less) desks - especially out-sourced ones! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

TheDewd said:
Yeah, but NOT having to use customer service is much better!
Yeah, but it doesn't matter how much you spend, it isn't gonna guarantee that you want have a problem.

pandamonk said:
Yeah, but it doesn't matter how much you spend, it isn't gonna guarantee that you want have a problem.
No, but in cases like this it can REALLY decrease the odds.

fraserhutch said:
No, but in cases like this it can REALLY decrease the odds.
i suppose, but it's good to know that if something does go wrong the have a support team which will help. From everyone i have spoken to in person about behringer, they have said it's a good bang for the buck, and that they are solid. I know that people do have problems with them, but i've never knon someone personally to have one. We've got little behri boards all around college, and since i've been there there hasn't been a single problem. What people don't usually tell you about, due to embarrassment is when their expensive goes wrong, but any small hiccup with a cheap piece of gear especially behri, then they are damned to be critised wrongly be that person and anyone else who hears from them. Thing is, when people buy something expensive, they don't like to admit that it's useless or shit. I've witnessed and probably done this myself a few times.

turnitdown said:

Dude, you know they spin a wheel over there to decide on what to tell you.... Must be cookies, your fireVall, antiWirus, your Outlook is "bad", you have spyVare, or you need to restart your modem 15 times and your cable is bad. I can't blame the poor jerk on the phone... but the big stupid corporation that thinks that that passes for support. Then after 30 minutes of rangling they finally send you to a tier 2 or 3 support person state side who actually can tell you an OC3 or PPP timeout is hosed.

/tangent

Back