KSM44 Mic concern

Yes that's the EV but you can find them used all day log for about $200.

Sadly you do have to have a great mic preamp to go with a great mic ...but it's the price that one must pay to be godlike.

:D

I hear that, i mean if my only main focus is vocals maybe one day i will achive that. Have you used the ksm44?

I went onto Audio Tech site and they had recording samples with all their mics to me the one i have sounds the best. This is why i want to try a different brand.

Everytime that I see a video of Trisha Yearwood, she seems to be in proximity of a KSM44. But there's several other mics with the same color and body type. So it's almost impossible to know for sure.

The more godly mics are less needy. They sound the same 0.5" or 3' from the mic element. So you don't have to train or guard rail the client into the optimal position for the cheap mic that does great in location X, but only location X.

What makes the u87 so godlike?

I wouldn't say its godlike. As a matter of fact there are quite a few pro engineers who aren't to fond of it. That doesn't mean they hate it, just that its not their favorite. Its a workhorse mic. It sounds pretty good on almost everything and rarely sounds horrible on anything.

The "godlike" mics are the U47, M49, C12 and Ela M 250/251. Those are the mics everyone goes gaga for.

Alright now tell me this if you were to get a ksm44 would you get a mic pre or keep lets say if you had the focusrite saffire 6

Also if anyone knows what is different with the ksm44a and the older ksm44. I tried a goolge search found much of nothing.

nevermind i found something http://recordinghacks.com/microphones/Shure/KSM44A if anyone is interested.

you think that is worth the extra 200 back?

Last edited:
Back