KSM32 versus KSM44 Which do you like for general purpose mic'ing?

PinkStrat

Hi everybody,

It's been a while since I have last posted here. My new business is now off the ground so that is why I've been away. Quick question for you all? Which Shure KSM model you do all like for general purposes and how do you think the two models (KSM32/KSM44) differ in sound quality/coloration? I've always liked the KSM32 because it has that two-position bass roll off switch & the sound is full and RICH. Not that I don't like the KSM44 I do very much. I think for electric guitar the KSM32 is the boss of the group myself. Now I am wondering whether I should get the KSM44 (just because it has more polar patterns etc.). :)

Kenny,

I usually go for "flavor of the week" you know? I do not necessarily need more polar patterns as I already own a few multi-pattern microphones such as the AKG C414 B-ULS and an older (now discontinued) Equitek E-350. Both of these are pretty good microphooes for what they do. :)

Then jump on the aea ribbon or the soundelux 195 and let me know how those work for ya. What's the rest of your chain look like...?

Back