Kryptonite Cover

Wow dude, I've got a very similar song! Just Acoustic guitar and Vox. I'll post it up here soon. I did it all in one take on one track, not alot of EQ, but it's the same idea as yours.

Good stuff!

I dated a nice woman around the time the original was published, so I've always kinda liked the song.
Not bad recording, and the vox/playing do carry.

Only thing compared to original, is that your version hasn't got the rage pushing it onwards, so it's kinda too mellow. But one man with an acoustic, that's what you get. But I'd say you pulled it through. I personally hate doing covers, just because everyone will compare to original.:D

hey thanks for listening and responding guys! the feedback i get from here is always much appreciated and valued.

one question for the mixing/sound experts:

i boosted the treble, rolled off the bass, and added some reverb. does it sound ok? any suggestions for EQ (if any) or mic placement for a 1 track recording of acoustic and vocals? the mic was placed at guitar height about 15" away from the neck/body joint and aimed up toward my mouth.

Wow, great performance accentuated by a great recording. I think you've mixed this pretty well. There still tons of bottom end. The reverb is really nice - what did you use?. A touch of sibilance at the beginning which is not a problem later on. Sweet for one mic....:)

Sounds good to me. An obvious/fake sounding reverb, I might try turning the 'wet' down and tweaking with the settings a little.

Other than that I think it sounds pretty good.

I like the reverb - I'm a reverb junkie....."damn cellphones" lol ......:D

I over-do reverb a lot too :D

But I thought he might want to know. Because it sticks out like a sore thumb. Maybe not to casual listeners, but anyone who's recorded can probably pick it out real easily. ;)

Sounds like the GlaceVerb plugin, but I could be wrong.

I dig it. I'm a HUGE fan of acoustic covers of popular rock songs. While no where the level of "rage" as the original, for this instrumention I think you nail it. Nice job recording too. I'd echo what others have said (pun intended) about the reverb, could use a little less. Still really an enjoyable take on this song.:)

sounds good man. this song sounds better with acoustic than the original, haha. great work!

What really made Kryptonite a listenable song for me was the drumming. That guy is really good. After I got past that, it was a pretty well written song and a decent hook. Yeah, everyone said already that you didn't capture the rage of the song, but this was nice.

With due respect to other posters, I like the restrained version. It's not necessarily driven by rage but it does contain passion and it's hard to cover a beat driven song and do an acoustic version.

Like I said, Wouldn't change a thing.

:) :D

Back