krk rokits

ollie99

hey, I wanna buy a pair of krk rokit for around £150 to £250, which ones shall I get? or if you have any suggestions to better monitors for that price then feel free to say :)

I have a pair of Rokit 8s that I like a lot. They have better low-end response than the Rokit 5 and 6. Amazon US has the older version on sale for only $149 US each. I suspect that Amazon UK would have similar savings. That would put them at the top end of your budget.

I have a pair of Rokit 8s that I like a lot. They have better low-end response than the Rokit 5 and 6. Amazon US has the older version on sale for only $149 US each. I suspect that Amazon UK would have similar savings. That would put them at the top end of your budget.

Bought the Rokit 8's G2 from Amazon, like them a lot.

I have the first version of the Rokkits, I demoed the 5, 6, and 8. The 6's were the best to me. The 5's lacked in the low end, and while the 8's had the most low end, they were just boomy sounding, not very clear at all in the mids and highs. The 6's had good mids and highs and enough lows to not feel empty down there.

I own a pair of 6's. The 5's sound muddy and the 8's were too much for my room. It depends on your room size tho.

Also another monitor to consider: JBL LSR305's. I've been recommending these a lot because I tried them recently and they made my Rokits sound like muddy crap. They're $150 each, so still in your price range. They have surprisingly look low end (which usually 5" speakers lack) and they're pretty clear, but still not harsh like some others are. I think they're the best value out there right now IMO

Back