krk rokit 5 g3 help

Yeeeessssss

so i just got new krk rokit 5's and they sound great but it seems that while im listening to a song the chorus will be obnoxiously loud, and most other parts of the song are so quite, its sorta like the speakers cant decide what volume they want to be at? is there a reason for this or a way to fix this?? It would probably worth to mention im running them on a rca unbalanced cord directly from my laptops headphone output.

Man........that's not likely to be your monitors. What were you using before for playback? Speakers....headphones?? Was that same song ok on the old speakers / headphones? Does every song playback that way on the KRK's? Tell us a bit about your setup and maybe we can trace the problem.

i was using bose ae2 before for playback. the same song doesn't seem to have a problem on anything except these monitors. I was playing the song through spotify out of the headphone jack of my laptop using rca to connect to the monitors. When played from spotify, the song increases and decreases at certain parts. I then tried playing the same song off of youtube from the same set up- same thing occurred; louder and quieter at the same exact spots. Now for one last try, i plug the rca cable into my phone and play from spotify and the problem is completely gone. It appears like my laptop is causing this issue, any idea on how to fix it??

Back