KRK Monitors

Bill L

Massivdonian
I just checked out some of their monitors at GC and was wondering what the consensis here is. I'll be looking at the V4 because my current set up is on my home office desk and there is no room for expansion at this time. From what I heard, they blew the Alesis (probably no surprise there), the M Audio (5's and 8's) and the Mackie's (not sure which) out of the water. The only one's that sounded reasonably good in comparison were the Events, but I thought the KRK's sounded better. I don't notice much difference in response from their larger monitors (V8), mid size (V6) and the one's I'm looking at (the V4). Any suggestions, comments, insights? A little back round, I'll be using this for a PC based systems running a Layla 24.
Thanks,
Bill L

KRK's are great, I love them.

The only monitor companies I like better are Westlake and ADAM.

Anyway... if you like them, and think they sounded great, then by all means - get them! That's the point, find the monitors that YOU like, not me, or any one of us for that matter.

Musik

I have V4s......same enviroment.....a small room......

They are my first set of Monitors and I like them :D

Thanks guys...

I've been away from recording for about 8 years and was just trying to stay away from making a (expensive) mistake. Now I just need to decide between getting the monitors for my anniversay or getting the Line 6 POD Pro (rack unit). Decisions...decisions! Thanks again.
Bill L

I have the V6's and love them, and when I bought them I checked out the V4's as well. I thought they sounded good, but didn't think I could judge bass content on them. Add a sub, and you'd be rockin'!

Re: Thanks guys...

Bill L said:
Now I just need to decide between getting the monitors for my anniversay or getting the Line 6 POD Pro (rack unit).
If you get the POD and have crappy monitors, it's quite possible you may be fooled into thinking the POD actually sounds good.

If you have good monitors, you'd hear how crappy the POD (and its kind) really sounds like!

Get the monitors! :p ;)

Re: Re: Thanks guys...

Blue Bear Sound said:
If you get the POD and have crappy monitors, it's quite possible you may be fooled into thinking the POD actually sounds good.

If you have good monitors, you'd hear how crappy the POD (and its kind) really sounds like!

Get the monitors! :p ;)

My...that's encouraging. Since I'm just doing all this to stay off the streets at night (that's when I'm not out playing hockey) and just for fun, what would be a nice guitar pre amp that has a decent amp emulator? Keep in mind that this is for fun and not in any way related to "real life". The POD I tried sounded OK, but then again I was in GC, with Metallica and Motley Crue being blasted by some young un's and my 7 year old begging me to hurray up so he could get to the toy store. Probably not the best way to test for equipment.

I was being flippant.... personally, I don't care for the sound of "guitar modellers" such as the POD, but they are entirely appropriate for many people's situations (such as late night playing without disurbing the neighbors...)

But you do absolutely need good monitors... how do you know what you're laying down *really* sounds like unless you can hear it properly?!?

Back