KORG X5D is broken

gasal69

My Korg X5D is missing output signal.
There is not sound out of it. Tried to Google its electrical circuits (el schema) but could not find it.
Is there anyone who could help before I take to the service?
I am afraid they will charge too many $$$ just for replacing one or two output transistors.
I appreciate any help. Schema could be mailed to gasal @ online . no

Thanks

There is a place here in my hometown called Antique Electronic Supply and they are one of the few parts distributors for Korg. You can call them at 480-820-5411. I had to get some parts for my Triton and they had me get in contact with Korg and tell Korg what my problem was then I called back Antique Electronic Suply with the part number. The part was sent to me in 2 weeks.

Korg X5D Help Please!!!

:eek:
I was playing my Korg X5D, and all of a sudden the sound went off . I checked everything and it just stopped playing. I can turn it on, and the small LCD screen turnos on, but I don't see the "Korg Welcome.." screen anymore. I don't have any sound. What happened? Has anyone had this problem before? Does anyone know how to fix this??? Please help! Thanks so much!!! :confused:

I've had a Korg 05R/W for quite a few years now and it's main use at the moment is as a MIDI interface and providing a click track...

One thing that's always worried me though, and I'm wondering if it may be your problem. There's a memory battery inside that maintains the setting of it and at some point that battery runs out. The manual says it's got to be changed by Korg service engineers (ha). It may be that when the battery runs out the it refuses to work.

Just a thought, could be so wide of the mark...

pianistpajanel said:
:eek:
I was playing my Korg X5D, and all of a sudden the sound went off . I checked everything and it just stopped playing. I can turn it on, and the small LCD screen turnos on, but I don't see the "Korg Welcome.." screen anymore. I don't have any sound. What happened? Has anyone had this problem before? Does anyone know how to fix this??? Please help! Thanks so much!!! :confused:

Sounds like you lost the operating system......you should be able to get that at korg's website........just load it up with a fresh set of factory presets.....my n364 has done the same thing after a hard thunderstorm and me not having enough sense to unplug it! :eek:

It has an OS, every piece of digital gear does.

I think the first thing to do is try a re-initialization as suggested by arcaxis.

If you are still getting the blank screen then try replacing the battery. Hopefully that is user-replaceable.

If that doesn't work, then you'll probably need to take it in for service. Or simply take grim satisfaction with a sledgehammer.

Back