Korg Oasys

Adobian

I was fooling around with the Oasys at Guitar Center. The sounds were awesome.

Wondering if you guys know a cheaper solution to get the same sounds and keys' touch using a Midi controller and a sound card and Soft Synths

Like an old Yamaha KX88 and EMU 0404 with EmulatorX .

How do you like the old KX88 ? Anything modern that you like as far as keyboard touch is concerned ?

I thought the piano sound on the Korg Oasys were awesome. But it could be the Rokit8 KPR Speakers that they hooked to the Oasys that give awesome sounds . $9000 for it, boy, way above my budget .

It's not the Rockit8 speakers. The Korg Oasys really does sound awsome.

With this master keyboard and some soft synths from here you could probably get a pretty good piece down the road to an approximation of one though...

hi anybody im just getting the feel of this site never been on anything like this before.
ive had a go on the oasis in england very powerfull £ 3000 for a standard size machine they said at sound control b,ham. Damn hope korg make a module version soon as ive got a triton or i wonder if a moss board installed will be able to pull of the nuance of new sounds if loaded from the machine? and im after a dedicated valve commpressor to add warmth ect from the tritons sond sou :rolleyes: rce

nick1980 said:
and im after a dedicated valve commpressor to add warmth ect from the tritons sond sou :rolleyes: rce

Check into a nice valve preamp ("Tube" preamp on this side of the great pond). Check out the PreSonus BlueTube Preamp. It's fairly cheap and sounds really good. I personally don't use valve equipment to much on my keys, of course a lot of my stuff is analog and doesn't require anymore warmth. I do however run most of my stuff through a Focusrite TwinTrak Pro while recording.

Back