Korg Nano USB Midi Contro

Rafik Kamel

Hello everyone,

I am a total newbie to the music recording field, and i play spanish nylon guitar. I have recently got the following rig and started getting some ok results with it:

- Emu- 0404 soundcard
-Edirol M-10Dx Mixer
-AKG perception 170 mic (small diaphragm condenser)
-Software: CUBASE LE that came with the sound card.

I have never played a keyboard before (only guitar), so i was thinking to get a Midi controller (which as far as i know does not produce sounds from itself but has to be hooked into a software from the pc in order to produce the sounds of different instruments) in order to play some strings or other background music to the guitar. :P

I have thought about the nano because i have very limited size (and budget) on my desktop. So the tiny space that remains only fits that nano korg midi controller. I want to know how user-friendly a midi controller like that would be (coz i have never used one before)? I have tried getting Proteus VX free online but could not mate it as a plug in inside my Cubase LE. So you can imagine how ignorant i am, you have to advise me accordingly if i will b able to get some sounds out of it easily or not.

| would greatly appreciate your input on this product given the fact that i intend to do very simple stuff, just background chords with various instruments.

Thanks again :D

Rafik

Back