Korg N364

kwokwok

ive been looking for a keyboard for a while now to do some recording/playing around..

recently a friend has offered to sell me his Korg N364 for $350 AUD~300USD

any opinion on this keyboard? or should i buy some new keyboard not made 14 yrs ago...

any opinions welcome :)

I've not used that board but older is not necessarily bad, especially when selecting a master keyboard that will also trigger sound modules and software synths.

Does it feel right? Does it have some decent sounds to get you started? What is the condition of the unit: buttons, LCD screen, etc?

You might want to follow auctions on Ebay and prices on craigslist for a while.

Let us know what you decide.

Hi Joe thanks for the reply!

I did end up deciding to buy it off him for ~300USD.

Theres a LOT of sound to choose from and its taking me forever to read through the manuals…

The main problem I have with it at the moment is I cant get it back to the original sounds that’s listed in reference guide. When I dial in the program which is supposed to be Bank A 000 – Hyper Wave… I get some Green organ… this is the same for all the Bank A,B.. I would only assume that he’s made changes to these and saved over them.

I’ve tried to look up a reset but so far no lucks been had with the ones I tried (like holding enter and 7 while powering up)

And the other thing im thinking about is how to hook it up to my DAW and speakers at the same time so I don’t have to change connections when I want to record or when I want to just play with speakers

Theres 4 mono outputs.. I’ve got the first 1 / 2 into my DAW at the moment and I can record well .. I just cant play it live without unplugging in putting it through my stereo… im thinking a headphone amp for channel 3 / 4 and out into a set of passive speakers

You got a great classic board on your hands. The best thing I found is to just simply play with the sounds. I am not sure if you can reset the board to factory. I personally love the Korgs I have two, a Triton and a 01/Wfd. I am curious to try out the Roland Fantoms, anybody have experience with them

Reset KORG N364 to factory settings:

HOLD ENTER AND 7, THEN POWER ON. :D

Fantoms take too much stock in there expansion boards. Can't see why I would spend $$$$$ on a board that has so so stock sounds. Stick with KORG, Yamaha, or Kurz. IMHO!

Reset KORG N364 to factory settings:

HOLD ENTER AND 7, THEN POWER ON. :D

Fantoms take too much stock in there expansion boards. Can't see why I would spend $$$$$ on a board that has so so stock sounds. Stick with KORG, Yamaha, or Kurz. IMHO!

ROFL......after spending 10 years beating my N364 into submission, I upgraded to a Fantom G6. No comparison.... I auditioned a Motif and a brace of Korgs. The Fantom is just a warmer sounding unit IMHO. That's what has always driven me nuts about Korgs...and Ive owned 3 of em. They always struck me as sounding very brittle....especially their pianos.:cool:

Weeeellllll, it just all boils down to matter of preference, as I have owned all three brands as well.

:)

Cheers!

Back