Korg Karma vs. Triton

aliengroover

I'm just wondering what you guys think of the new Karma from Korg. It seems interesting to me, but is it worth "saving" 400 balls? No sampler, two less outputs...I don't know. If it does what it says it does, does it make any Triton owners crave one, or is it just another of the billions of gimmicks out here today?

The Karma hasn't hit the stores yet. It does have more real time controllers but the ads say the same sound engine. I'd buy the Triton because it's been out longer and they always update the OS systems on these things. The Triton is slightly over-priced in my opinion but it has the best user interface out there. I have the Korg 01/W and it still sounds great after ten years. The Triton/Karma are quality keyboards and the Triton is very cool, as if I needed to tell you that.

I think the Yamaha S80 has the best sound for me. I'm waiting for them to release it in a module version.

It's been a while since I played the K2000 in the store. I can't give you a definitive answer. I think the expansion options are what can make it really good. The stock sounds are good, but to really get at the good Kurzweil library you may have to spend more, but they weren't badly priced at all the last time I looked. That's a pretty good price for a Kurweil module.

Back