Korg D3200 used as a mixer for gigging (not only for recording)

ximer

Hello guys!
First of all, sorry for my bad English, I need your opinion about the following issue.
I'm the singer/guitarist of an electro-indie band, our current setup is:
3 mics + guitar + electronic drum played live (L&R TS outputs) + Roland MC909 for backing tracks (L&R TS outputs), all of them fed to a 12-channel rack mixer and then to the PA system.
I would like to:
1) reduce the amount of gear to transport and deal with when gigging
2) be capable of recalling automatically a mixer setup when gigging (a digital mixer would be perfect, but also too expensive and heavyweight)

I've seen the Korg D3200 on the internet (500€/700$ used), I think I could record the backing tracks in it using two channels (e.g., channels 11&12) and then, when gigging, use it both as the mixer of the band and as the player for the backing tracks, it should also have a metronome for the drummer, the D888 has it.

First question: Is it correct? Can I use it as above? I mean, can we play through the "free" channels 1 to 8 when gigging while the korg is playing-back the backing tracks on channels 11&12?
Second question: Is the sound quality of the mixer good enough for gigging? I know that it will be more akward to use than a conventional mixer, but I'm not concerned about this, I'm only interested on the sound quality, will it be better or worse with respect to our Behringer RX1202FX?
Thank you so much for your replies!

Last edited:
Back