korg d1200 sos!

James Hurley

Hi,
just wondering if there's anyone who knows about korg d-1200's who can help me out? I recently bought a mk11 version, and I'm having a really frustrating time with the headphone socket, don't know whether it's me or the machine! It seems to cut out down one chanel at random points during the playback of a song, e.g. the right chanel completely cuts out 3/4 of the way through during playback, even though I haven't touched anything. This is not my headphones or the adaptor, since I've tried them on other things and they work fine. Korg took it off for repair and said there's nothing wrong with it (i.e. it's me), and when I got it back it was fine for two whole playbacks. However, on the third, without me doing anything different, the right chanel dissapeared. On the fouth, there was no right chanel fo the whole song. When I went to the stereo seperation test they did on a new track, both chanels worked. When I went back from the test track to my own song, suddenly it's all working again. They wrote on the note they gave me that they "suspect user is hearing signal from stereo fx", but what fx makes the whole right chanel dissapear at a random point without me touching anything? I am very confused and frustrated, so if anyone can tell me where I'm going wrong I would be massively grateful. It's driving me up the walll! Thanks alot,

James

Greetings. Wow, someone who bought the exact same unit as me (only have had mine about 3 mo)! Although I'm still getting used to mine, I may have some slight direction. Since you've tested the headphones elsewhere without a problem, I'm nearly convinced that you've been making mistakes like I have reguarding finalizing the tracks. Because I don't have a step-by-step answer for you yet, since I'm also dealing with it, I suggest you record a new test song, very short, only a track or two. Then go through the process of finalizing, by-the-book, and do the playback and see if the problem still exists. Keep it as simple as possible. I believe that I've experienced the same thing and tracks will kind of fade in and out- I suspect this has to do with re-mixing effects and tracks, and/or perhaps too much bouncing, which creates an additional layer type of loop. I haven't tested this myself yet, but I would be surprised if you experienced it with a brand new song that has had minimal editting and re-burning to CD. If I find a definitive answer before you, I'll post it (also happy to give personal email for someone w/same gear, if you'd like). If you find the answer before me, I'd sure like to know if I was on the right track. Peace.

Thanks!

Hi,
thanks for the advice, I'll ckeck it out. Do you think this could be something that could only affect the headphone playback, because it's always fine if I playback through phono leads (from the monitor section) into an amplifier, with speakers/headphones inserted into that? If you don't mind, we could continue this dialogue over e-mail; out of interest I'd also like to know what kind of music you write and record, and your general thoughts on the D-1200!! My address is " jameshurley_about100@yahoo.co.uk ." Thanks again...

James

Back