Komplete > Kontakt 5 > The Giant - What have I done? Help!

Crackhatch

:facepalm: Oh dear me, I hope somebody is going to tell me there is a quick fix here, there has to be...

Quick debrief - I was supposed to be following up a MIDI issue I posted in the MIDI sub forum about some sort of popping/clipping issue I was getting, which I have now discovered is triggered somehow by my sustain pedal. So, I saw on some forum, through google, that somebody had posted a tip concerning a similar problem, saying to open up script editor and then Preset>Factory>Utilities>MIDI Monitor and then to quote the user: "The MIDI Monitor should open, which you can use to monitor MIDI data stream info. Press and release your sustain pedal, maybe a few times. You should see that it is send on control channel 64, and it should have a full reading depressed, and then go back to 0 when released. Now your sustain pedal should work with the instrument. Remember to save changes to instrument when you close, and it will hold the sustain control."

Ok, so that is what I have done - I don't think it was actually relevant to my particular issue, but I just wanted to try it, didn't think it would do any harm... It has!

I am an absolute layman with this sort of thing. I have just bought a Roland A-88 and have been using the Giant as I much prefer it to any other piano VST. I have been in my element simply playing piano, but after following the above instructions, the VST now has no touch sensitivity and sounds absolutely awful. It no longer sounds like the beautiful Giant, it just sounds loud and bad. Oh dear god what have I actually done? Incidentally, the picture of the Giant (not just a picture, but an interface where you have options to play about with the effects) has now disappeared. The Giant 'Cinematic' still loads fine btw. What has happened to the Giant. Surely there is a simple 'reset' button somewhere? Can I not revert back to the original settings? Oh god please somebody tell me I can, or at least tell me how to undo whatever it is I've done!

I've attached a couple of pictures. One of the panel I made the changed on.IMG_0289.JPGIMG_0290.JPG I'm not very technical I'm afraid, so I don't know what I have actually changed.

Have you tried (1) re-doing the directions or (2) uninstalling and reinstalling The Giant?

Paj
8^)

Back