Knock me down a few pegs

I personally would have liked to hear slightly more umph from the drums, but it sounds pretty bad-ass.

Sorry for double post, but just listened to the other songs on that page. Nice work man, i really loved ocean. beautiful.

No problem, man. Glad you dug 'Ocean' as well. I think the production may be better on the new one, but that's a totally different kind of song...

And yeah, I normally have a compression buss on the kick and snare to add 'oomph' but did not get around to foing that this time.

Thanks for the comments. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Good guitar tones. Drums are really good too. I like the way the guitar accents are locked nice and tight with the drums. The whole thing sounds solid. Kicked my ass for sure

more compression from the kick and snare would of been better to have them kind of "drive" the song. I like the tonal balance of the track the guitars are nice an even the bass works well you can make everything out this really lacks in the suckiness I'm use to from here great job.

on the chorus there is a ringing guitar note on 1:45-2:22 i think I'd change that up a lil it's annoying a lil bit 2:22 - 2:54 id add some reverb to the drums make them pop a lil in the mix for that part

I like the guitar sounds you're getting. Tell us if you would your recording chain for that. Recording is nice and clear. Drums sound fine to me. Great playing, and good mix. Nice job.

Hey, all. Sorry to be late getting back -- was offline for a good chunk of the weekend. Thanks for all the comments!

doulos24: Most everyone has made the same comments on the drums. I need to put my compression buss back on the snare/kick.

In terms of the signal chain for the guitar, you may be disappointed. It's the Line 6 Gearbox plugin > ReaEQ. That's it. I'm using the Criminal amp model and the ReaEQ is just there as a hi/lo pass, with a very small notch around 5-6k, which is a generally annoying freq with Line 6 stuff. Really nothing all that special going on there. The bass accounts for a lot of the guitar tone, but again, that's just a blend of Gearbox and direct with some minor EQ and some major compression.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Thanks much!

Back