Killing Party

DevBlack

Hi everyone... This is my 1st attempt recording and mixing. Check my song.
And i would like to hear your opinion about mixing, and not only. Thanks. :)

Here my mix

Last edited:
The guitar that's panned right isn't panned as far right as the guitar on the left

The drums don't sound totally fake but they're not very velocity-rich either.
What really gives it away are the cymbals. A real drum set's cymbals bleed into each other with the help of overhead and rooms mics, creating a cohesive kit. These cymbals sounded really obviously triggered. What can help is adding a reverb on them and not panning them too hard.

The guitar that's panned right isn't panned as far right as the guitar on the left

The drums don't sound totally fake but they're not very velocity-rich either.
What really gives it away are the cymbals. A real drum set's cymbals bleed into each other with the help of overhead and rooms mics, creating a cohesive kit. These cymbals sounded really obviously triggered. What can help is adding a reverb on them and not panning them too hard.

Well thank you. Ill try this. And i think i got trouble to eq the guitars..i mean un-mudd them. Thank you very much. I appreciate this . :)

Had a mix up for ya, but it wasn't playing on soundcloud...ill have to bounce it again, but ill do that tomorrow.

Bass, drums, and guitars are right together. The vocs are back in the mix though. 3 more db.

The original mix' guitars are too piercing, but the new mix is kind of dull sounding (but very comfy!). Like my hair metal cassets from the 80s. Especially the guitars. Maybe it's something for the mastering to correct, though. Or maybe they're better this way. Nice and comfy.

I think it sounds pretty good. I like the guitar tones. Yeah the drums do sound triggered, but the style is 80's and a lot of 80's rock had triggered drums. A very good effort for a first attempt at home recording. Rock on

I feel like some of the cymbals and guitars definitely need to be closer to the center. It doesn't sound like a cohesive band. It sounds like a bunch of stuff happening on opposite sides of the room.

Back