Killing in the name RATM cover

erik_ande_85

So i did a cover of this great song a while ago. I used a prerecorded drumtrack for it. What do you think about the mix. What i don't like is that sometimes my vocals get out of tempo. The sologuitar was pretty hard with the whammy pedal since i have guitar rig but no expresion pedal so the whammy is going up and down in the same tempo all the time. BTW does anybody know if it's possible to control it without a pedal?

stream it here:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Errx/music/all/play70153

Very good, I like it. The drums aren't too shabby. They fit fairly well into the mix. The guitars are right on the money. The vocals don't have as much "power" as the original song, just need to let it out more. Release the fury!

Over all, very good job. :)

What i don't like is that sometimes my vocals get out of tempo.

Yea...why is that? The vocal effects sound kinda cheesy, too. The drums sound ok, but the snare doesn't fit well for some reason...and the hats and cymbals sound fake - in a bad way. Maybe not fake as in sythesized or sampled...they just sound like they were recorded by a different person than recorded the guitars - they don't mesh together. The guitars sound really good, though - great job. Good, meaty, ballsy tone. Totally digging your guitars.

I just got to the "Fuck you I won't do what you tell me" part - and you're WAY off! You know how the song goes, right? :D Artistic liberties are cool, but you're just off beat.

Back