Kick issues.

I'm kinda in the same boat...inconsistent drummer (me :rolleyes:) and I usually just do the copy/paste thing.
And it's usually just the kick. It either smacks my peak or sounds like a girly kick. :D

Anyway, another copy/paste guy here.
Peace-n-stuff

Well I highlighted the hard hits and lowered the actual gain on each hard hit or section then lowered the threshold on my compressor and it seems to have done the trick. Thanks for all the input and ideas! Had no problem with bleed through onto overheads. I was gonna do the drumagog thing but 1. I loved the kick sound we recorded (d112) and 2. Im having trouble installing Drumagog on Vista! anyway Thanks.

I have all the previous issues worked out.. I like a very prominent kick in my mixes . Im in the mixdown process now and To get the balance i want my kick track always ends up louder than the rest of the mixed down wav. file( kick visibly peaks beyond the rest of the file) and although it sounds good it unmastered it causes issues when i ATTEMPT any kind of mastering to increase volume etc it always sounds sqished and doesnt cut through as well.. My mixes sound best when left at the mixing stage. Maybe i need someone more skilled at mastering to take over that part of the process?? I feel comforatble with my mixing skills but anytime I apply compression /eq /limiter to my final mix It ends up worse ??
maybe my problem is in my mixing >???

heres a download link of the mix so far . this is a mix with the vintage channel plug in from sonar. Im not really happy with it after my Attempt of Mastering. Let me know what you think . theres still a couple edits i need to make .. anyway here it is.
http://download.yousendit.com/EBA2F625737067A1

the part at the very end the drums disappeared when i rendered the file??? if anyones wondering that parts prob gonna be chopped off anyway...

Last edited:
Back