Keyboard stands . . .?

foo

I need a new stand for my Motif 6 - I also want to be able to have a smaller 'shelf' above and behind the keyboard for the Mona breakout box.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

foo

I made my own using a few 2 X 4's and some paint. Stands are too expencive... I prefer to spend my money on gear :)

***Topic being raped***
I didn't want to make another topic and fill up the board with short quickly-answered topics so I'll hijack this one with an appropriate title...hope you don't mind Original Poster...

Question:
http://www.sonataarctica.info/pics/live/japan2001-timo/showpicture.php?100019.jpg

What companies make these? Or is it custom-made? I really am digging the forward tilt :D And just my luck they only make them for keyboards of a certain weight or less...and I'll end up buying a heavy keyboard.

Atterion said:
One of my favorite bands.
Once I get my keyboards I'll be in a tribute band to 'em, we've already pre-formed before we are play-capable...of course it'll be a long time before we have the talent to play a show but it'll be good fun nonetheless.

The keyboard is basically rotated 180 degrees, and then he stands at the back of the stand. So the little fingers that grab underneath the front of the keyboard are actually grabbing onto the back of it. It looks even scarier when it's done on the apex style stands. Me I can't play like that!!! Of course that method is only practical with one keyboard (although I saw a picture in Korg's Proview magazine that showed Derek Sherinian (Formerly of Dream theatre) who had multiple Tritons set up similar and it allowed the actual keys of each board to be with like 1/2" of each other, but he wouldn't be able to utilize any of the knobs or buttons on the bottom board). Anyways, good luck!!! Oh what's your fav song by S.A. Mine are Black Sheep and Tallulah

Here are a few photos of my main rig. The Ultimate Support A frame is the stand I depend on the most.

setup.jpg

setup2.jpg

setup3.jpg

Carl

I can't stand "X" style stands.

I play sitting down.

As far as lightweight, portable and sturdy, the USS stands are both.

Carl

Nice rig. I'm guessing you're not planning on taking it all out on stage though. Right??? How about the Karma, is it in your near future???

I take that whole rig with me to rehearsal every Sunday night.

It's really not that hard to break down and set up. About 20 minutes each way.

Carl

I would love a Karma. I have the promotional video and watch it for entertainment purposes. :D

I'm so financially strapped these days that I can't think about buying any gear for the foreseeable future.

Carl

Atterion said:
That is basically an A-frame with the keyboard put on backwards.
After looking for some time, I can't seem to find a single-tier A-frame =S...could you recommend any? Also, do you think you could identify the model Mikko Harkin (former Sonata Arctica, former Kenziner, former Timo Tolkki) is using with his KARMA way back up near the top of the thread? Thanks :)

You don't have to use all the tiers that come with an "A" frame stand. I've got two USS "A" frames and I took the second tier from on to make a three tier stand out of the other.

The stand that I took the second tier from dosen't miss it a bit.

Carl

Krakit said:
You don't have to use all the tiers that come with an "A" frame stand. I've got two USS "A" frames and I took the second tier from on to make a three tier stand out of the other.

The stand that I took the second tier from dosen't miss it a bit.

Carl
How difficult is it to unattach a tier?

Back